Memoirs of a Nursing Student

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I just have to warn everyone that I only have clinicals on Thursdays and Fridays. So Mondays through Wednesdays, I'll generally only have dull stories. These are the days that I sit in a classroom from 8 am to 3ish pm. Yes, seven hours in one seat, listening to a very long lecture. Some days I leave convinced I've developed a pressure ulcer. Anyway, as much as I'd like to discuss the test I took this morning, and explain what I learned about the cardiovascular system, I realize it's not good blog material.

The more interesting moments on these days occur during my bus rides to and from school. Although nothing too crazy happened today, these last weeks have been filled with adventure. One of the more interesting moments was my conversation with a seventy-something-year-old man who confided in me that he's been placed here in Pittsburgh by the FBI. I often wonder if he ever found his way off that bus. And of course, I fumbled my way through those first few trips, getting change stuck in the meter, missing stops, and chasing after buses. But all in all, I've really enjoyed taking the bus, and will probably have many more good bus stories to share.


Anyway, in a couple of days, I'll hopefully have some good, gross stories to share!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bus people are by far the most interesting folks you'll meet. You'd be surprised how chatty commuters can be.

Amy! This is such a great idea...blogging and all...i may have to be a copycat.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and i would like to make a request...MORE PICS PLEASE!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home